Monday, December 12, 2005

Narnia: A Movie Review

Movie: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Rating: PG

Opening Date: Friday, December 9, 2005

Time Reviewer Viewed Movie: 12:15- 2:45AM Friday, December 9, 2005 AND 7:10PM Friday, December 9, 2005!!! (crazy, I know... but we already had our tickets for the one when we were invited to go at midnight!!! )

Reviewers Crazy Friends That Went with Her: Ben (brother), Shannon (who comments here!), Caleb (Shannon's brother) and Scott (their dad). We met other friends and their friends (totalling 60-70 people).

Time Reviewer Was in Bed: 3:50AM Friday, December 9, 2005

Review:
I LOVED IT! The quality, humor, faithfulness to the book, acting talents, CUTE LITTLE LUCY, cold witch and special effects were FANTASTIC. TEN THUMBS UP! (the 5 of us and our thumbs!)

My favorite scenes are too numberous to tell all the details. I really did love the WHOLE movie. I was especially fond of the scene where the children meet Father Christmas and Lucy mocks, "I told you he was real." Also when the White Witch comes to claim Edmund's blood, she questions Aslan by saying, "How do I know you will keep your promise?" Aslan roars at her and she sits down! Woo hoo! And... and... and...

Only two things would have improved it (that I can think of so far) would be:
1- A larger Aslan
2- Edmund actually asking for forgiveness from Aslan and his siblings

So, what did YOU think?

No comments: