Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Gifts Jaclyn is sure to love...

1- Books
2- Books
3- Books
4- Books
5- Books

Several of which I received for Christmas. My family knows I am a magnet to old, gently worn classics, preferably ones without copyright dates. My brother found several at Goodwill including: Pride and Prejudice, Alice in Wonderland, Jo's Boys, Little Men and a selection of short essays. They are beautiful! They will be placed next to my other treasured classics.

I also was given two new books I have had my eye on... Sermons of Jonathan Edwards and The Preacher's Daughter by Beverly Lewis.

I am halfway through The Preacher's Daughter and will soon begin Edwards. I am sure I will have much to post on while reading him!

Last, but not least, my wonderful friend Katie surprised me with the full set of The Chronicles of Narnia. My brother has The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but we have checked the other six out from the library when need arose. Now I have the whole set for keeps. Thanks, Katie!!!

My reading time is full for a few weeks to be sure... especially if I try to fit in The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis that Ben has been begging me to read.

I do read this other book too... The Bible. It is the #1 bestseller of all times! It's my favorite above all others and I would rather own it than anything else, book or not, in the entire world. I recommend it to you above any that I have listed above!

Psalm 103

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was surfing the net loking for some princeton ski shops and I came upon your site and I was impressed by the quality of content you have. Keep up the awesome job. I will be bookmarking you right now.