Thursday, July 07, 2005

Momentary Trials and Glory Ahead

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
~Romans 8:17-18~

I do not know about you, but some days it is easier to see the mud on my shoe and not notice the wildflower field in front of me. I complain about the little things, the inconveniences and fuss when situations do not go my way. All the while I blind myself to the beauty of life around me.

It is true. We suffer. There is death. There is heartache. There is pain. Life gets hard some times. So do we sit there in the mud, whining about how dirty our shoe is? We can. No one can force us out of our pity party. We can remain there as long as we want.

Until we are face to face with Jesus Christ. Even then some choose to stay on the ground. As children of God, though, I think we must reconsider before we shove His offer of grace away. Are we His children? Then we are heirs of GOD and co-heirs with Christ. So, not only have we been rescued from darkness, but we have the inheritance of God. Then the verse puts in an "if". We are heirs IF we share in His suffering.

There is no access to glory without pain. YET, our pain is nothing compared to the glory that will be revealed in us. Interesting. Not for us or to us... but in us. I do think we will be given glory and blessings in some form, but the most important glory is in us. This glory is manifested in a relationship with Jesus Christ and sharing in His suffering.

So, I guess I should consider that before throwing around a complaint or worrying about the future. Besides, my pain is nothing compared to what Jesus went through...

No comments: