Monday, August 01, 2005

Home Again Home Again

Good morning to all! We returned home safe and sound!

God did amazing things through us and with us. He continually blew me away with His presence, guidance and strength. I learned so much about our team. I learned so much about leadership. I learned to overcome fears and to be bold.

We talked to many people one on one about their "spiritual lives". We saw one person accept the message of Jesus and one person come very close. We were amazed at responses like, "I have never thought about heaven and hell." "I believe in Jesus, but think I still have to do good works to get into heaven." "I don't care if I go to hell." I knew these would be some of the answers, but it never ceases to amaze me that people say them. We all walked away from various conversations shaking our head. Several of us broke into tears during our evening devotion over the souls that are still blind.

It breaks my heart. We touched so few lives in the scope of the world. We were overwhellmed, saddened, burdened and hit full in the face with the reality of people's beliefs. YET, we all came home knowing God better and having a renewed boldness to share the love of God with others. Therefore, the trip was a "success". We did not see gobs of people bend the knee toward heaven. We did not speak to thousands. We came home changed. We touched as many people as we could and now we pray that God will use us to draw the people to Him.

Very sad news... I forgot to take pictures of me as a clown. I am serious. We have a group picture of us clowns. But not on the digital camera. I am sooooo sorry! I am going to try to scan the group pic and upload it!

Thank you for your prayers! I am excited to see what the future holds for our team!

No comments: