Monday, August 15, 2005

Things I am sure you wanted to know...

Dawn did it and I thought it fun as well...

1. If you were to choose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
When I was younger I would have said Rachel or Elizabeth. I thought Jaclyn was too plain and not romantic enough. Well, now I am a little older and realize that NO ONE is named Jaclyn. My poor daughters, though, may get the names that I once dreamed I bore.

2. If you were given an extra $10 in change at Walmart, what would you do with it and why?
If it was given to be by mistake I would return it.

3. What's the biggest lesson you've learned from your past relationships?
The biggest lesson I have learned from past AND present relationships is to listen. Not that I have perfected the skill, but I am working on it. Another key to healthy relationships is patience. Patience with faults, patience with slowness, patience with circumstances, patience with time... I am not perfect either.

4. What's one of your worst habits?
Picking at my fingernails. NOT chewing... that habit was broke years ago.

5. What was the best day of the past week for you - why?
Thursday- my birthday!!!

6. What are you wearing today which is most reflective of who you are?
Hummm... everything. I am wearing a brown skirt with soft mint green, pink and tan flowers; a pink shirt and tan light sweater. I love soft, natural colors that accent my dark hair and skin. I am also wearing my new earrings and necklace. It is not my signature jewelry, but fun to wear something new. Of everything I am wearing, though, my shoes and rings are most reflective of who I am. My shoes are from Africa... a contstant reminder of my heart for unreached people. My rings. My precious rings. On my middle finger of my right hand I wear a thin, simple, white gold band engraved with a delicate design. This ring was given to me by my dad's mother about 10 years ago. She told me that it was my great-grandmother's wedding band. I am honored to wear a part of the legacy of a godly woman. On my ring finger on my left hand I wear my purity ring. Made of white gold with a simple heart and tiny diamond, it is a reminder that is always with me of the commitment I have made to my future husband, future children and my family. It is a reminder to be pure in speech, thought, actions and lifestyle.

7. Choose a unique item from your wallet and explain why you carry it around.
Just a sec... I have to look. (I actually don't have a wallet, but built in pocket in my purse) Hahaha... My SAM's card? There is nothing that is really unique. Membership cards, debit card, checkbook, lotion, chapstick, etc.

8. If you could change one thing about your physical appearance what would it be and why?
The allergy dark cirlces under my eyes in the spring!

9. Share one of your most embarrassing moments.
Fainting in front of my friends... Read all about it here!

10. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose?
I would take the money. My mistakes are a part of who I am and who God WANTS me to be! If I take away the mistakes, I also have to take away the personal growth, the glory God has received because of my weakness and people I have been able to help in similar situations. If you take all of those things away, I am no longer Jaclyn. I cannot even imagine who I would be or what fire I would have. Pain produces passion. Weakness encourages growth.

11. If you were given a million dollars and 24 hours to spend it in, (no depositing it in the bank or investing it) what would you buy?
I would pay off my parents house, buy mom a new car, buy a little cabin in the mountains, build a house in the country, muy dad a camp to manage, buy me a house (to use as a rental until I am ready to live in it with my husbadnd and15 kids), buy airplane tickets that never expire to every corner of the earth, donate money to World Vision, Gospel for Asia, Voice of the Martyrs and Compassion International, give Ben money to start his dream conference (maybe a TAYLOR guitar too)... are my 24 hours up yet??? I think my money is gone too...

12. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at?
Ummm... I have no idea. It depends why I was going to look in the mirror in the first place...

13. How much cash do you have on you?
I think a nickel.

14. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"?
Rest.

15. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Momma.

16. What is your main ring tone on your phone?
I don't know what it is called... it is pretty... almost time for a change, though!

17. Do you prefer a bright or dark room?
Well, not black dark, but I do not mind a wall painted a darker color for dramatic effect. Overall, I like brighter colors like blue, yellow and green.

18. What did you have for breakfast?
Raisin Bran.

19. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping.

20. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say?
I do not have text capabilities.

21. Do you ever click on "Pop Ups" or Banners?
Nope.

22. Who told you they loved you last?
My momma.

23. Last furry thing you touched?
Furry? Katie's cat, Madison.

24. How many hours a week do you work?
16- 20

25. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
One or two. I have 5 to pick up.

26. Favorite age you have been so far?
Oh my... 22 is good so far!

27. Your worst enemy?
Satan. My own sinful flesh.

28. What is your current desk top picture?
Some kind of pretty yellow flower off of a wallpaper website.

29. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"We have enough to spare!"

No comments: