Thursday, March 01, 2012

Meeting Jeremiah: Part 2


I had no more contractions Sunday or Monday.

We went to J and C's wedding on Sunday afternoon.  It was hot.  Hot.  Hot.


The emotions I had felt on Saturday, during the false labor, as I thought about seeing my first baby for the first time seemed ages ago by Tuesday morning. I was starting to tell myself that I was going to go past my due date like everyone said happened with the first baby. I had already been preparing myself for 9 months now!

Tuesday, September 14, was another warm day and, if I remember correctly, I woke up sweating and feeling all around hot. Hot. Hot. I was feeling lower back pains and my stomach kept getting tight sporadically all day. More warm up contractions, I guess. I cannot recall what I did during the day except that I went to my parent's house for something and iPhoto says I took the pictures of the outfits we had purchased.  


I told my mom I was having the same kind of pains as I had on Saturday. She said I was probably in labor if I was having so many contractions. I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to get my hopes up, dismissing the thought.

Joel and I headed to W's house at about 5:30PM to help him and his fiance assemble their wedding invitations. I remember telling Joel that my back was hurting and while we were sitting eating pizza I felt the same kind of pains as I had on Saturday. More warm up contractions, I guess.

It was so hot in W's little apartment. Or was it just me?

I was assigned my task and sat with a couple other women at the kitchen table. The hard kitchen chair was much more comfortable compared to the plush couch that gave me no back support. I remember little of the conversation around the table. I was focused on my task and wishing I was at home. It must have been about 8PM when Joel was done with his job and came into the kitchen to see how we were doing. I asked him to massage my shoulders.

I was feeling so hot and out of breath. He got me another glass of water.

The cool evening air felt like heaven to my uncomfortable, hot body as we stepped out of W's apartment at about 9PM! While walking to the car I told Joel, "I am not ready for this."

He asked, "Ready for what?"

"To have this baby," I replied with tears welling up in my eyes.

"God will give you the strength when it is time," he gently answered.

I had no idea that 15 minutes later as we drove home it would be time.

Read Part 3.

No comments: