Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Trust and Obey

I was reminded of the old, precious hymn this morning that says:

Trust and obey
For there is no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to trust and obey

God's promises are trustworthy. His commands I am to obey. There truly is no other way to be happy. I am feeling a mite troubled and discouraged. There is no reason that I should be, but my own flesh and the enemy!

God is in control. He knows all, sees all and loves me. Discouragement and a troubled heart are not from Him. I am loved by Him. I am blessed, accepted, adopted, redeemed, chosen and forgiven. None of those are reasons to feel down!

Father, Your grace and patience amazes me. That You wait for a sinner such as I to repent is unfathomable! Your compassion on this downcast soul keeps me longing for You. I know I am safe in Your presence. Oh, that I would trust and obey You more!

Dawn, I lvoe you! You help me talk myself right out of the troubles I feel. Thank you for being an encouragement, understanding friend and support!

No comments: