Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Mental Overload

It is Wednesday, but there is so much to say I could not post Wordless Wednesday pictures today! Do you ever have days when you feel like your head is going to explode or go to mush because of all the thoughts racing through it?

Well, that is me today.

Since Sunday I have been thinking and rethinking about the death of Usama Bin Laden. You may see some posts from me about it if I can organize my thoughts in a presentable fashion, but for now it is just giving me a headache. I was praying the other night that God would give me the right perspective about Bin Laden's death since so many Christians and Godly teachers seem to have opposing views.

I know that in a couple of weeks people will be past this "victory" and back to our self-centered lives, but I believe we need to have a Christ-like view of world events. I think we need to know what we think and why! I do not just want to push these struggles I am having inside away or just go along with what others are saying. Like other things- even if I reach the same conclusion as another blog I read, I still want to know that it was Christ working in me and not just a lazy way out.

I also caught a few minutes of Rachael Ray when I was looking for the news this morning. I do not usually have the TV on at this time of day and now I know why. I know a lot of people that like her show. It is something to watch for recipes, fashion tips and decorating ideas. You can watch it while cleaning or folding laundry. Me? I just wanted to throw something at the TV.

This morning I have been working on a ton of emails. I am in charge of the administrative side of a few Junior High events. One of them will be finished in two weeks, praise the Lord, but then another slew of summer events will begin. And I feel tired already!

1 comment:

Roxy said...

I too have been struggling with the news. On one hand I am proud of the freedom our military provides. I grew up in the Navy. Being raised in the military makes one very honored to be in America and proud of victories that protect us against future harm. Yet. . .
With the death of Osama Bin Laden, I have had a stirring inside as if the Holy Ghost is telling me something. Osama Bin Laden was a human, One who killed and terrorized others, but human. So what am I supposed to think of this, I want to support my military and thank them ye t am I supposed to rejoice in the death of another? I'm torn, I feel heartbroken that another soul has died, one I wish knew my Saviour. I agree we are safer without the hatred Osama Bin Laden taught, but again, why do I feel God is saying something here? Is this what you are feeling?