Thursday, February 09, 2006

A New Perspective

My brain is officially on overload. Let me explain.

Three weeks ago I started a class called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement. The class is 40 minutes from my home and lasts 3 1/2 hours. Plus, I decided to take it for college credit, meaning I have extra work.

That is not why my brain is on overload. My mind, heart and soul are overwhellmed with three things: my sin, the fallen world, and the majesty of God. The last of which keeps my hopes focused and alive when the other two threaten to consume me!

The first three weeks of Perspectives has been an amazing breath of fresh air to my weary soul. It has convicted me until I felt like crying. It has invigorated me until I felt like dancing (which is HUGE for me...hahaha). It has burdened my soul for the blind Church. It has opened my eyes to God's glory. It has renewed a passion in my soul for the nations.

I would like to post some of my notes from the first lectures here soon. Until then, imagine yourself among the crowd screaming:
“Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals,for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for Godfrom every tribe and language and people and nation,10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,and they shall reign on the earth.”
Revelation 5:9-10
"day and night they never cease to say,
“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,who was and is and is to come!”
Revelation 4:8
11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God,to receive glory and honor and power,for you created all things,and by your will they existed and were created.”
Revelation 4:11

No comments: