Thursday, February 16, 2006

If you love Me...

"If you love Me, you will obey what I command."
John 14:15
"Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I too will love him and show Myself to him."
John 14:21
"9 As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Now remain in My love. 10If you obey My commands, you will remain in My love, just as I have obeyed My Father's commands and remain in His love. 11 I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command."
John 15:9-14
"This is My command: Love each other."
John 15:17
"7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us."
1 John 4:7-12
"3 This is love for God: to obey His commands. And His commands are not burdensome, 4for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world?
Only he who believes that Jesus is the
Son of God."
1 John 5:3-5
PURPLE: Things relating to God
Orange: Things relating to what we do/ receive
Pink: Love

No comments: